[DB-SIG] db module wrapper

Randall Smith randall at tnr.cc
Sat Aug 21 00:58:16 CEST 2004

Kevin Jacobs wrote:
> Ian Bicking wrote:
>
>> Kevin Jacobs wrote:

You're right to assume that I haven't checked the archives.  I should as
I might find ideas not discussed here.  However, it has been fun and
encouraging discussing the subject and listening to ideas and opinions,
even if they have been expressed before.  From the number of responses,
I think there is enough interest to go forward and, based on the last
few days of discussion, I believe we have a solution to most issues.

>>> Yes.  I've posted my method for completely virtualizing
>>> DB-API exceptions here no less than 4 times over the
>>> years.  Do yourself a favor and spend some time in the
>>> archives.  You'll be pleasantly surprised at how many
>>> of your ideas will have been previously addressed,
>>> many with working code, important test cases, and
>>> useful discussion.
>>

>> And we will continue to do this on the list until we leave behind
>> better artifacts than some mailing list archives and assorted recipes.
>>
> I wasn't suggesting taking the discussion off-list -- just that
> the archives are a good place to start.  Without being too
> cynical, most of the current discussion has been raised
> before, discussed, and in most cases found to be lacking
> for a general consensus API (like DB-API).  After all,
> there isn't really much else to discuss on the DB-SIG
> mailing list.
>
> -Kevin
>
> PS: For those disinclined to review the archives, here is
>    a link to my "recipe":
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/db-sig/2003-April/003345.html
Thanks

Randall