[DB-SIG] PyGreSQL and NULLs

Chris Cogdon chris at cogdon.org
Tue Feb 10 17:01:07 EST 2004

On Feb 10, 2004, at 13:49, Marc Colosimo wrote:

> oops, I forgot to add that in my pseudo code. Here is a real example.
> As you see it puts in None, instead of Null. If I change "pet":None to
> "pet":"Null" it works.

Actually, you'll find that it doesn't work. It inserts the string
"Null" rather than the 'null object', which are very, very different.

I would actually consider this to be a 'misfeature' that the data type
converter does not convert the python None object into the DB NULL
object.

--
    ("`-/")_.-'"``-._        Chris Cogdon <chris at cogdon.org>