[DB-SIG] cx_Oracle 4.0.1
tuiningas at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 28 01:27:25 EST 2004
What is cx_Oracle?
cx_Oracle is a Python extension module that allows access to Oracle and
conforms to the Python database API 2.0 specifications with a few
Where do I get it?
(it may be a few days before the second site is updated)
1) Fixed bugs on 64-bit platforms that caused segmentation faults and bus
errors in session pooling and determining the bind variables associated
with a statement.
2) Modified test suite so that 64-bit platforms are tested properly.
3) Added missing commit statements in the test setup scripts. Thanks to Keith
Lyon for pointing this out.
4) Fix setup.py for Cygwin environments. Thanks to Doug Henderson for
providing the necessary fix.
5) Added support for compiling cx_Oracle without thread support. Thanks to
Andre Reitz for pointing this out.
6) Added support for a new keyword parameter called threaded on connections
and session pools. This parameter defaults to False and indicates whether
threaded mode ought to be used. It replaces the module level attribute
OPT_Threading although examining the attribute will be retained until the
next release at least.
7) Added support for a new keyword parameter called twophase on connections.
This parameter defaults to False and indicates whether support for two
phase (distributed or global) transactions ought to be present. Note that
support for distributed transactions is buggy when crossing major version
boundaries (Oracle 8i to Oracle 9i for example).
8) Ensure that the rowcount attribute is set properly when an exception is
raised during execution. Thanks to Gary Aviv for pointing out this problem
and its solution.
Just as a side note, I have also built and tested cx_Oracle under Oracle
10g on Linux and it works correctly without changes. Oracle 10g has not
yet been released for Windows but it will be tested on that platform as
well when it becomes available.
anthony at computronix.com
Distinctive Software. Real People.
Suite 200, 10216 - 124 Street NW
Edmonton, AB, Canada T5N 4A3
Phone: (780) 454-3700
Fax: (780) 454-3838
More information about the DB-SIG