[DB-SIG] WHat's the status of DB modules and datetime.py supp ort?

Kevin Jacobs jacobs at penguin.theopalgroup.com
Mon Jan 5 09:48:25 EST 2004

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> Il lun, 2004-01-05 alle 15:37, Kevin Jacobs ha scritto:
> [snip]
> > So I'm not really against the goals of your proposal, per se.  I'd just
> > prefer to start off simple, gain more experience with how these enhancements
> > play out in real code (of which I have more than enough of), and only then
> > contemplate adding more layers of functionality (evolution, not revolution).
> > Better (more precise) type objects are a logical next step, followed by
> > generic type mapping interface, followed by more complex things like
> > you and Frederico are proposing (standardized type constructors and exposed
> > literal escaping APIs).
> >
> > How does this sound?
>
> fine to me. i don't have enough time right now, but i'll try to
> elaborate the first part of that (more types) in DBAPI format and post
> to this list for revision and inclusion in DBAPI-2.1 (if everybody
> agrees, off curse).

Great!  Please take a look at my other e-mail from this morning where I list
a few of the extra types that I'd like to see.  Any feedback on that
starting-point would be very useful.

Thanks,
-Kevin

Kevin Jacobs
The OPAL Group - Enterprise Systems Architect
Voice: (440) 871-6725 x 19         E-mail: jacobs at theopalgroup.com
Fax:   (440) 871-6722              WWW:    http://www.theopalgroup.com/