[DB-SIG] Re: [Python-au] MySQLdb user login issue

Nathan Eror lists at celeritas-inc.com
Wed Mar 24 11:01:01 EST 2004

It's a MySQL permission issue.  MySQL is very picky with user
permissions.  You have to explicitly specify what host(s) a user is
allowed to connect from.  Read section 5.5 in the user manual
(http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/
manual_MySQL_Database_Administration.html#User_Account_Management).
This issue caused some headaches for me as well.  Like, Rasjid said,
I'd use the MySQL Control Center.  It's what helped me figure out this
problem.

-Nathan