[DB-SIG] Re: [Python-au] MySQLdb user login issue

Christopher Nilsson can at optiver.com.au
Wed Mar 24 17:00:03 EST 2004

Hi Duane,

This is a matter of MySQL permissions, not really python's or windows'
fault. :)  You need to tell mysql where they're allowed to login from,
in addition to the normal user id + password.  I won't go into it any
further here, but you might want to have a look at:

http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_MySQL_Database_Administration.html#User_Account_Management

Cheers,
~ Chris.