[DB-SIG] What To Import???

Doug Helm dhelm at wcsoftware.com
Tue Oct 12 06:23:57 CEST 2004

As great as Python is, there just isn't that much information on accessing relational databases.  That's a shocker.  What module do I import from the standard Python for Windows install in order to work with common relational databases?  I've tried many different things (and a variety of case variations, but I'm showing lower case)...

import odbc
import dbapi
import db
import anydb
import oracledb
import accessdb
import msaccessdb
import mysqldb

etc., etc., etc.

I have the standard Python for Windows installed (2.4.3a).

Once I get the proper module installed, everything seems pretty familiar (i.e. I know what to do with connection and cursor objects).  But, what do I import in order to gain access to those fine objects???

Confused (and surprised that there isn't a ton of information on this subject)...

Thanks.

Doug Helm