[DB-SIG] API test available?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Oct 19 10:18:49 CEST 2004

Randall Smith wrote:
> I've been using and debugging the Pydal (dal) module and am wandering if
> there is a test available to check the API.  I've written some tests
> that connect to various databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle) to test
> the module, but they are not comprehensive.  I do not have a problem
> with writing tests, but I do not want to reinvent the wheel.  Especially
> if a mature solution exists.  Any suggestions welcome.

Stuart Bishop has written a DB API 2.0 compliance test which you
might want to take a look at:

http://zen.freezope.org/Software/DBAPI20TestSuite/

mxODBC comes with a test script (in mx/ODBC/Misc), but it's
more geared to test database capabilities - testing mxODBC's
data type handling is a nice side-effect :-)

eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Oct 19 2004)