[DB-SIG] Abstraction layer confusion, ULA (was Re: Database Abstraction in Python)

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Mon Apr 18 18:51:38 CEST 2005

Il giorno lun, 18/04/2005 alle 16.30 +0200, M.-A. Lemburg ha scritto:
> The only feature which I'd really like to see in DB API 3.0
> is a standard way to tell the module how to map database types
> to Python types and vice-versa.

Hint: currently both psycopg 2 and pysqlite 2 implement some subset of
PEP 246 (Object adaptation). Maybe is this the way to go?

Another this I really like to see in DBAPI 3 is asynchronous calls,
cursors implementing the fileno() method (allowing them to be used in
select calls), etc.

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         http://people.initd.org/fog
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
   Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy. -- Anonymous