[DB-SIG] MySQL Access UPDATE

Chris Cogdon chris at cogdon.org
Thu Aug 11 00:10:27 CEST 2005

On Aug 10, 2005, at 14:50, Brett Chadwick wrote:

> All,
> This is the current code I am trying to use, it is modeled after some
> examples I have seen. If someone can provide a better example or way
> to access the MySQL server and pull or push data to a database on the
> server that would be appreciated.

Actually, by the look of things, just use MySQLdb.connect rather than
_mysql.connect. Don't use _mysql directly.

There's no need to do the 'test' query on the database. If you DO need
to do that, use the standard 'get a cursor' thing like you would do
with a normal query.

--
    ("`-/")_.-'"``-._        Chris Cogdon <chris at cogdon.org>