[DB-SIG] DB-API unittests

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Thu Dec 1 15:03:17 CET 2005

Il giorno gio, 01/12/2005 alle 13.32 +0000, Andy Chambers ha scritto:
> --- Federico Di Gregorio <fog at initd.org> wrote:
>
> > Il giorno gio, 01/12/2005 alle 02.22 +0000, Andrew Chambers ha scritto:
> > > - Evidently there is ambiguity about the way that dates should be entered.
> > >   pgdb - curs.execute("select '%s'" % Date(2005, 01, 01))
> > >   psycopg - curs.execute("select %s" % Date(2005, 01, 01))
> > >   Don't know about the others - I don't have them installed
> >
> > Ambiguity? IMHO, having to quote in the query string is obviously the
> > wrong one.
>
> Sorry Federico.  Forgot to reply to the list
>
> That's what I thought too.  Although doesn't pgdb have the
> largest userbase out of existing APIs?

I don't know, but judging from the drivers suggested by most Python
applications out there (fast search on freshmeat) that's not the case.
psycopg and pypgsql seem to be the most used.

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         http://people.initd.org/fog
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
  Gli esseri umani, a volte, sono destinati, per il solo fatto di
   esistere, a fare del male a qualcuno.              -- Haruki Murakami