[DB-SIG] cx_Oracle DLL load failed

Anthony Tuininga anthony at computronix.com
Tue Jan 25 15:58:27 CET 2005

You forgot the most important part of the information required to
diagnose your problem -- the version of Oracle and the version of
cx_Oracle. :-) In addition, when you get that particular error, there is
  a message box that comes up with some additional information -- what
was that information? I would guess that it is complaining about the
procedure OCISessionGet() which is only available in Oracle 9.2 and up.
If you are running 9.0 or lower, use the Oracle 8i version of cx_Oracle.
If that's not it, please reply with the information above. Thanks!

Paul Hide wrote:
> I recieve the following error: (for version and os info see below)
>
> IDLE 1.0.3

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in -toplevel-
>     import cx_Oracle
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.
>
> I chased this on google, found some hits , but none helped.
>
> This machine has oracle client software set up on it (forms reports,
> sqlplus) and connects to a remote oracle database on my local
> intranet.
> Can anyone offer any suggestions?
>
> Paul Hide
>

> Python version is:
> Python 2.3.4 (#53, May 25 2004, 21:17:02) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
>
> Os version is:
> MS Win 2000 sp2
>
> Python 2.4 is also installed on this machine.
>
> Path is:
> C:\Tcl\bin;C:\orant\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\orant\jdk\bin

Anthony Tuininga
anthony at computronix.com

Computronix
Distinctive Software. Real People.