[DB-SIG] Table Oriented Programming

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Sat Jan 29 13:21:14 CET 2005

Il giorno ven, 28-01-2005 alle 15:11 -0600, Ian Bicking ha scritto:
> It doesn't use bound parameters like ?, instead it does all the SQL
> generation itself including quotation.  So it has to know what database
> you are using to actually create the SQL, like "mysql", "postgresql", etc.

This is.. er.. "horrible". PostgreSQL supports a *lot* of different
types and the only way to support them all is to let the driver do the
quoting (possibly with the user adding its own quoting rules, see
PEP-246 adapt() in psycopg 2). I suppose your driver is not quoting
PostGis or or even simple geometrical types mapped to Python instances,
right?

federico