[DB-SIG] informixdb 1.4

Josef Furrer furri.josi at bluewin.ch
Tue Jul 5 18:24:27 CEST 2005

Hello Carsten,

I've downloaded your Python Database API informixdb 1.4.
After that I installed it on a Unix Tru64.
So far so got. The installation is completed and successfull.
Now I try to use this API and I have a problem.
When I define a cursor, this cursor works but when I try to fetch the cursor [fetchone()], it appears every time the same informix error:

"informixdb.Error: Error -482 performing FETCH: Invalid operation on a non-SCROLL cursor"

Next step: I changed in the file _informixdb.ec on line 1056 the declare section to:
EXEC SQL DECLARE :cursorName SCROLL CURSOR FOR :queryName;
The new installation work also, but when I use now my python script I have no more the problem -482, but I receive the error:
Segmentation fault

What is the Problem? Can You give me a Hint?
Can You help me please?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Josef