[DB-SIG] pypg pure Python db driver for Postgresql

Randall Smith randall at tnr.cc
Tue Jul 12 14:57:16 CEST 2005

In its current state (early alpha), pypg does not support Unix sockets
or connection strings.  Not that it can't.  Just that I didn't code or
test these features yet.

You may connect like so:

import pypg
con = pypg.connect(host='localhost', database='mydb', user='uname',
		   password='mypass')
# do stuff
con.close()

Also note that as a requirement of PyGreSQL, you need mxdatetime.  I'll
probably change that to the standard library datetime module.

Thanks for trying it out and I appreciate your feedback.

Randall