[DB-SIG] pypg pure Python db driver for Postgresql

Randall Smith randall at tnr.cc
Wed Jul 13 16:21:59 CEST 2005

I haven't done any speed optimization or even profiled the code, so that
looks really good to me.  I think optimization might help with parameter
binding and type conversion.

Did your tests include parameters?

Could you run your tests against PyGreSQL from which pypg is derived?
That would show a clearer picutre of the speed difference between
C/Python for this application.

Randall