[DB-SIG] DB-API and 'COPY table FROM STDIN'

Braden python at dabrado.net
Sat Nov 12 13:09:28 CET 2005

Hello,

   I'm a bit new to database stuff, so I'm sorry if this question has
an easily discoverable answer.

   Basically I wanted to know, when using the DB API, is it possible
to execute a 'COPY table FROM STDIN' command?  If so, where would
stdin be in this case?  I.e., where would one send the data?

   If this isn't possible, is there some similar way to dump a lot of
data into a table when using the DB API?  Is the closest thing using
a cursor's 'executemany' method with an 'INSERT' command?

   Thanks for any help!

     - Braden