[DB-SIG] DB-API and 'COPY table FROM STDIN'

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Sat Nov 12 14:41:17 CET 2005

Il giorno sab, 12/11/2005 alle 04.09 -0800, Braden ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
>    I'm a bit new to database stuff, so I'm sorry if this question has
> an easily discoverable answer.
>
>    Basically I wanted to know, when using the DB API, is it possible
> to execute a 'COPY table FROM STDIN' command?  If so, where would
> stdin be in this case?  I.e., where would one send the data?

COPY is not part of the DBAPI. Some drivers, like psycopg, offer some
kind of support for it but it is driver-dependent.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         http://people.initd.org/fog
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
  You should use @literal, but you should have the grace to be
   embarrassed.                                         -- Norman Ramsey