[DB-SIG] date/time handling

Christoph Zwerschke cito at online.de
Sat Aug 5 01:36:34 CEST 2006

Andy Todd wrote:
 > I don't know about the mechanism, but my preference for any DB-API
module would be stdlib first and then mx.DateTime.

Ok, I think I will do that. Otherwise, as soon as an administrator
installs mx.DateTime, some non-related DB-API 2 applications may
suddenly break. Of course you will then get a problem if the
administrator upgrades from Python 2.2 to 2.3, but you expect some
things to break anyway in such a case (and he should have done that a
long time ago anyway ;-)

Still, I'm looking for a way to explicitely tell the module to use mx or
stdlib dates, or other date formats.

-- Chris