[DB-SIG] Proposed improvements to DBAPI 2.0 Cursor.execute() method.

Martin Blais blais at furius.ca
Mon Aug 7 09:20:51 CEST 2006

Hi

I want to propose a few improvements on the DBAPI 2.0 Cursor.execute()
method interface.  You can find the details of my proposed changes
here:
http://furius.ca/pubcode/pub/conf/common/lib/python/dbapiext.html

And a pure-Python preliminary implementation of these changes that can
sit on an existing DBAPI 2.0 implementation (tested with psycopg2):
http://furius.ca/pubcode/pub/conf/common/lib/python/dbapiext.py

(If this gets accepted IMO this preliminary hack should instead be
implemented at the lower-level of the specific DBAPI implementations
for performance reasons...)

Comments appreciated.

cheers,

P.S. I'm not a regular of this list, so please forgive me if this
specific problem has already been addressed since the release of DBAPI
2.0.