[DB-SIG] cx_OracleDBATools 2.2
anthony.tuininga at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 21:28:07 CEST 2006
What is cx_OracleDBATools?
cx_OracleDBATools is a set of Python scripts that handle Oracle DBA
tasks in a cross platform manner. These scripts are intended to work the
same way on all platforms and hide the complexities involved in managing
Oracle databases, especially on Windows. Binaries are provided for those
who do not have a Python installation.
Where do I get it?
1) Added option --replace-existing to CloneDB in order to support
issuing one command to replace an existing database with a copy of
2) Always set the enviroment, even when connecting directly using
cx_Oracle, as otherwise the wrong SID could be set and the wrong
action take place.
3) Do not prompt for the value for ORACLE_HOME if the --no-prompts
option has been invoked.
4) Increase the size of the template system tablespace for Oracle 10g
as it was too small.
5) On Windows, wait until the service is actually started or stopped
More information about the DB-SIG