[DB-SIG] SQL DDL

Art Protin aprotin at research.att.com
Thu Nov 16 19:18:09 CET 2006

Dear folks,
      In earlier messages, I noted that the Specification (v2.0) does
not adequately express that the "operation" argument is SQL (although
the coverage of the API in "PYHON in a Nutshell is hardly ambiguous at
all).  Now I am wondering about the distinction between SQL DQL (Data
Query Language) and SQL DDL (Data Definition Language).  Is there
intended to be any support for DDL in this API?  (I am not sure of if or
how I could put that support into the implementation I am working on,
but I do not need to think about it much if none is intended.)

    Thank you all,
    Arthur Protin