[DB-SIG] dbf memo access

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Sun Apr 1 22:52:13 CEST 2007

I need to read (not write) some dbf memo data (memo is dBase's datatype to store
'unlimited' text, much like a blob or text field.)  to make things worse,
various implementations of the dbf engine have different formats for storing
memos - I forget what the dBaseIII file name was, but I currently need VFP's,
which is filename.FPT (fox pro text)

The few hits I got on google didn't make it clear if they supported any sort of
dbf memo, let alone VFP's.

I do most of my work in linux, so hoping for something other than the odbc way,
but I can use that if it is my only choice.

Carl K