[DB-SIG] Controlling return types for DB APIs

Jim Patterson unixdude at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 22:19:40 CEST 2007

On 4/21/07, Carsten Haese <carsten at uniqsys.com> wrote:

> In light of this development, I propose the following changes to my
> proposal:
> * The SQLData class and the ToDB interface will be eliminated.
> * The typemap attribute will be renamed to output_typemap.
> * An analogous input_typemap will be added.

I'm not a big fan of the terms input and output for a case like this
they can be confusing.  For example does in mean into Python
or into the database.  So I would prefer more explicit terms like
"fromdb" or "topython" (I would pick the to/from db since it is
shorter and just as clear).

Jim Patterson