[DB-SIG] paramstyles, again (and now voting)

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Mon Jun 4 17:14:14 CEST 2007

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> On 2007-06-04 16:00, Carsten Haese wrote:
>>> So I'm:
>>>
>>>  * +1 on making support one param style mandatory for all
>>>    implementations
>> Any one? Let's make named mandatory, then.
>
> I intentionally left this open :-)
>
> We should have a vote on it. Let's gather votes for say two weeks
> and then see what the outcome is.

Is there a wiki where I can start cataloging the cases for the various cases?

I am sure I saw a good case for qmark, but I can't for the life of me remember
what it was.  I will eventually dig though the archives, but as long as I am
doing that I may as well list what I find.

Also, I would like to add to the ballot:
* support multiple styles
* something about auto.
* something about specifying the format

I am currently against multiple, so someone who is for it will have to figure
out how to phrase those 2nd two. :)

btw - before this topic came up, I was a big fan of pyformat, but the cases
presented against it were enough to sway me.  I kinda remember them, but would
rather quote the original text.

Carl K