[DB-SIG] paramstyles, again

Carsten Haese carsten at uniqsys.com
Mon Jun 4 19:30:56 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 19:09 +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> On 2007-06-04 16:00, Carsten Haese wrote:
> >> What happens if you're in qmark style mode and the SQL statement
> >> contains substrings which look like named style (but are not
> >> intended that way, e.g. think stored procedures) ?
> >
> > Do you have a concrete example?
>
> Yes: In SAP DB and Max DB triggers use ":old" and ":new" markers to
> provide a reference mechanism to the updated/deleted row.

Interesting. Then again, CREATE TRIGGER statements probably shouldn't be
using parameter markers of any kind, but I see your point that parsing
an SQL query for parameter markers may be made harder by
database-specific quirks.

Of course, SAP DB/Max DB might have a bit of a problem if we decide to
make 'named' the mandatory minimum paramstyle...

--
Carsten Haese
http://informixdb.sourceforge.net