[DB-SIG] Controlling return types, again

Carsten Haese carsten at uniqsys.com
Sat May 19 05:33:25 CEST 2007

Hiya everybody:

The important discussion on controlling return types has gone cold
again, so I'd like to revive it. Revision 2 of my type mapping proposal
was met with deafening silence except for valuable input by Jim
Patterson, which I have incorporated into Revision 3. The result is
available for your perusal once again at
http://www.uniqsys.com/~carsten/typemap.html .

I don't know whether the general silence indicates tacit agreement or if
people are too busy to respond or even just to read my proposal in the
first place. I'd appreciate some feedback to see how close we are to
reaching consensus, even if it's just a "show of hands" in the form of

Thanks in advance,

--
Carsten Haese
http://informixdb.sourceforge.net