[DB-SIG] (slightly off topic) Very Large Database recommendations?

Ken Seehart ken at seehart.com
Thu Oct 4 10:37:49 CEST 2007

I have a potential very large database application with these very
approximate specs:

Overall size: 1TB (growing by 1TB every few years or so)
1,000,000 new rows per day in the main table (never deleted, so this is
also a growth rate)
2KB per row
1,000 queries per minute

Very simple table structure.

I suppose that python is not really relevant to the question since it
would be a web database service where the client is python.

Right now I am interested in getting an idea of how much such a system
would cost, and where to look for solutions.

Any ideas where I could look for information relevant to this question?

-Ken