[DB-SIG] FW: pep 249 (ImportError python libifsql.so)

Gulati, Anil a.gulati at tsc.nsw.edu.au
Tue Jul 8 01:43:01 CEST 2008

Issue resolved!

LD_LIBRARY_PATH seems to need to be set in /etc/profile. I was only
setting it in the shell that I was running the test from.

Fixing that immediately changed the error message. Then I just needed to
find out about SQLHOSTS file and the service entry in /etc/services and
the INFORMIXSERVER variable. It seems hard to find this information in
the IBM Informix documentation.

Now that all these are set up I am now retrieving data from Informix on
Red Hat Linux, and running Python scripts to do so!

Thanks very much for your feedback and for being available.

Anil Gulati