[DB-SIG] How to connect to informix DB in an easy way

M. Hecht mhecht2909 at instant-mail.de
Fri Aug 21 11:36:26 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm really wondering why it is so difficult to connect to an Informix DB (I
didn't find any easy example).

In Java I only need this connection string:

   jdbc:informix-sqli://address:port/dbName:informixserver=dbServerName

For MySQL it is also quite easy:

db = MySQLdb.connect(host='hostname', user='username', passwd='password',
db='dbName')

So why I have to configure environment variables or registry keys to connect
to an Informix DB
with Python??

Is there any comparable approach doing this in one script whithout
additional configuration?