[DB-SIG] How to connect to informix DB in an easy way

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 17:37:44 CEST 2009

I assume (since you mention registry keys) that you are using some version
of Windows.

I have not tested this, but it should work:

1) install pywin32, which contains adodbapi.  see:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32
  (or, if you are using IronPython, http://sourceforge.net/projects/adodbapi

2) set up OLE DB drivers for Informix on your workstation(s). I found this
reference on Google:
http://www.datadirect.com/support/getting_started/quick_start/ado_informix/index.ssp

3) use a connection string like:
    adodbapi.connect("Provider=Ifxoledbc;Data Source=dbName at serverName;User
ID=myUsername;Password=myPassword;")
  see:  http://connectionstrings.com/informix#p47
--
Good Luck in your effort.