[DB-SIG] How to connect to informix DB in an easy way

M. Hecht mhecht2909 at instant-mail.de
Fri Aug 21 15:52:40 CEST 2009

Hmmm ....

meanwhile I tried to find something in the proposed documentation but
failed.

What I have is a Network Address, Port, DB-Server-Name and DB-Name since on
the computer are
running several databases.

This is what I tried to describe with the JAVA connection string:

jdbc:informix-sqli://address:port/dbName:informixserver=dbServerName

There is NOTHING appropriate in the proposed documentation. Only this here:

 ... 'database at server' ...

so database is clearly the database and server is the network address. But
where can I enter the port and the dbServerName???

I tried something like this

connect('dbServerName at ipAddress:Port' ...
connect('dbName at ipAddress:Port' ...

but with both I get the error message

...  The INFORMIXSERVER value is not listed in the sqlhosts file or the
Registry ...

Do you have any suggestion?