[DB-SIG] cx_Oracle 5.0.1
anthony.tuininga at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 06:15:28 CET 2009
What is cx_Oracle?
cx_Oracle is a Python extension module that allows access to Oracle and
conforms to the Python database API 2.0 specifications with a few
Where do I get it?
1) Added support for database change notification available in Oracle
10g Release 2 and higher.
2) Fixed bug where NCLOB data would be corrupted upon retrieval (non
Unicode mode) or would generate exception ORA-24806 (LOB form
mismatch). Oracle insists upon differentiating between CLOB and NCLOB
no matter which character set is being used for retrieval.
3) Added new attributes size, bufferSize and numElements to variable
objects, deprecating allocelems (replaced by numElements) and
maxlength (replaced by bufferSize)
4) Avoided increasing memory allocation for strings when using
variable width character sets and increasing the number of elements in
a variable during executemany().
5) Tweaked code in order to ensure that cx_Oracle can compile with Python 3.0.1.
More information about the DB-SIG