[DB-SIG] py-postgresql 0.9 Released: Speed & Query Libraries

Michele Petrazzo - Unipex michele.petrazzo at unipex.it
Wed Jun 17 08:51:47 CEST 2009

James William Pye wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce the release of py-postgresql 0.9.0 and 0.8.2.

First of all, thanks for the module.

Two questions:
- I look around, but I don't find a reply to the question if you want to
"backport" the py-postgresql to the python 2.X line. Have us some hope
to use it in our "old" projects?
- Making some tests with a test db, I see that, like the other python-pg
drivers, the cur.execute("select * from table"), load all the data in
memory. Can be useful, if possible of course, to not use this lot of
ram? With psycopg2 devels can use the "named cursor" for solve. Any
chances to add this type of feature?

Thanks,
Michele