[DB-SIG] SQLAlchemy and py-postgresql?

Michael Bayer mike_mp at zzzcomputing.com
Sun May 10 19:03:48 CEST 2009

the 0.6 branch of SQLA supports Python 3K and also pg8000/psycopg2 for
Postgres access.    Adding py-postgresql would be a simple drop-in
procedure, as you only need to specify those behaviors of py-
postgresql which diverge from that of a "vanilla" DBAPI - for example,
heres the pg8000 driver which is about 50 lines of code:  http://www.sqlalchemy.org/trac/browser/sqlalchemy/branches/rel_0_6/lib/sqlalchemy/dialects/postgres/pg8000.py
  .

We are hoping to merge 0.6 to trunk sometime over the summer.   More
contributors on this branch (read: people who can run unit tests for
different backends and python environments) will help us get there
faster.