[DB-SIG] Test Suite?

Chris Clark Chris.Clark at ingres.com
Wed Oct 28 17:27:32 CET 2009

The great thing about standards is there are so many of them to pick
from! I don't recall who originally said that but it is sort of apt here :-)

I'm using http://stuartbishop.net/Software/DBAPI20TestSuite/ which is
the original that Vernon was referring to. Vernon is your Launchpad
project only for Python 3.x?

There is also http://code.google.com/p/acute-dbapi/ (note I've not used
it, I've not had chance to check it out). I get the impression this
builds on http://stuartbishop.net/Software/DBAPI20TestSuite/ based on
the credits

SQL Alchemy has some more advanced tests (e.g. checks behavior on close
of a connection with an attempted use on a cursor) BUT they are not
generic as you need to write a driver wrapper.

So in summary I'd suggest http://stuartbishop.net/Software/DBAPI20TestSuite/

If you could report any findings here I would appreciate it! If we can
all agree on which test to use we can be in the same state as Java with
a definitive test suite.

Chris