[DB-SIG] Help on ImportError:DLL load failed ...

Dietmar Schwertberger maillist at schwertberger.de
Thu Jan 7 12:56:03 CET 2010

Sumant Kuchipudi schrieb:
> I was struggling with an error "ImportError: DLL load failed: The
> specified procedure could not be found." when I call import cx_Oracle
> module. I'm using Python 2.6 and for Oracle 11g, I've installed
> cx_Oracle 5.0.2 (also tried 5.0.1 and 5.0). I tried in google for help
> but no use, I found your question in mailing list forum, I think you
> definitely found the solution and expecting you the person will give my
> solution.
cx_Oracle requires that you have the Oracle client installed on your PC.
Are you sure that you have this and that it's the right version?
If you are using cx_Oracle for 11g, the client library should be
the same version.
The main DLL of the client is called oci.dll. You can view the version
information of the DLL in the explorer.

Regards,

Dietmar