[DB-SIG] About LOB

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 13:58:24 CEST 2011

Chan:
[I hope I picked your familiar name? If not, please correct.]

I think that you have started not one, but two excellent projects. I am
excited by your post, and hope that both have a happy ending. (Will explain
later, hard to type on this thing) Don't let what I am about to ask make you
think you have a bad idea.

Our industry is plagued by rampant TLA usage. Often, a single TLA is used
for several different concepts. Before using a TLA or EMLA in a paper or
conversation, we should make sure we have defined our TLA in English. For
example is SMB Service Message Block, or Small and Medium Business? [TLA
here means "Three Letter Acronym", EMLA is Extended Multi-Letter Acronym.]

Please define precisely what LOB support should mean.
--
Vernon
(sent from my 'droid phone)