[DB-SIG] Some obscurity with paramstyle

Michael Bayer mike_mp at zzzcomputing.com
Mon Jul 18 16:04:18 CEST 2011

On Jul 18, 2011, at 3:33 AM, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> For the next version, we're likely going to reduce the number
> of allowed formats to just two (%s and ?, IIRC), since having
> lots of different formats has resulted in much confusion.

Why have both %s and ? (both positional?)  If there is to only be positional, what purpose is served by having two choices for the format ?

Also is it accurate that named parameters, support for dictionaries passed to execute(), will be dropped ?   This leads things back in the "more difficult to use" direction IMHO.