[DB-SIG] API 3.0 limiting paramstyle to ['named', 'qmark'] is okay. ('format' is not desirable)

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri May 17 17:36:30 CEST 2013

On 17.05.2013 17:10, Christoph Zwerschke wrote:
> Am 17.05.2013 17:01, schrieb Vernon D. Cole:
>> What other options should be considered?
>
> Another option would be to get rid of the parameter completely, and silently accept both styles,
> whatever is used in the sql command passed to the execute method.

This would violate explicit is better than implicit, and it also
creates problems with raising proper errors, e.g. passing a
dictionary of parameters to a SQL command which uses a mix
of qmark and named style parameter markers.

We do need to keep this explicit.

eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, May 17 2013)
2013-05-07: Released mxODBC Zope DA 2.1.2 ...     http://egenix.com/go46
2013-05-06: Released mxODBC 3.2.3 ...             http://egenix.com/go45

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/