[DB-SIG] asyncio support

Michael Bayer mike_mp at zzzcomputing.com
Tue Nov 12 16:14:05 CET 2013

On Nov 12, 2013, at 9:51 AM, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:

> For mxODBC Connect, we've implemented gevent compatibility,
> so you can use async processing without having to change
> your code - which IMHO is the nicest way to do async
> processing :-)

though sadly just doesn’t seem to be catching on, as the rise of systems like Node.js continue to spread the idea that you need to wrangle explicit callback spaghetti, descending fully and explicitly throughout all libraries and system calls, in order to achieve asynchronous nirvana, whatever that means.    Using gevent means you don’t get to have the satisfaction of admiring your newly forged, self-satisfying maze of callbacks - it makes programming practical and boring all over again.