[DB-SIG] SQL Alchemy Database Architecture Question

Weissberger, Daniel daniel.weissberger at craneae.com
Wed Sep 18 19:23:03 CEST 2013

To whom it may concern:

I am a system engineer for Crane Aerospace and am considering using
SQLAlchemy for ORM. I have a couple of concerns up front I wanted to
share with you.

The machine running Python will be a QNX RTOS Machine

Currently I have 32 bit MS Access installed on a 64 bit machine giving
me a setup error with PYODBC ( I had to use PYPYODBC; This was just a
temporary setup to test the architecture on my PC). Is this (PYPYODBC)
supported/recommended? Seems that there is no SQLAlchemy support for MS
Access, is this correct?

Given my system (Ideally I would like to host the database on the QNX
machine), could you suggest for me the following:

1)      A recommended database platform (if there is a method for MS
Access this is preferred)

2)      Given this database platform, a recommended database API

3)      Any other tips and help you can offer in getting this set up
would be GREATLY appreciated.

Feel free to contact me, via email or phone below

Thank You,

Daniel Weissberger

(818) 825-5853 - Cell

(818) 526-3533 - Work

Attention:
The information contained in this email message may be privileged and is confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient, or any employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient. Any unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all attachments from your electronic files.