[DB-SIG] Improved support for prepared SQL statements

INADA Naoki songofacandy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 16:48:24 CET 2014

> In my experience, caching of prepared statements in modern use is not a major source of performance gain unless your application overall is already blindingly fast, more than Python typically provides.   Consider that a site like reddit.com serves six billion page views a month from Postgresql databases with no use of prepared statements.

When not using prepares statement, there is one roundtrip per query.
When using prepared statement without caching, there are three
roundtrips per query (open, execute and close).

Caching is important for avoiding performance degration, not for
increasing performance.

--
INADA Naoki  <songofacandy at gmail.com>