[DB-SIG] Need clarifications/help on preserving revisions of files/permissions using Python

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Jan 25 06:16:46 EST 2016

Hello Madhu,

I am not sure how your posting is relevant to this mailing
list. Most of your questions seem to have to do with OS
permissions and storing/restoring files.

You can store the necessary details in a database, but the
actual logic for managing the files themselves will have
to be done using e.g. the os module.

You might also want to look at a configuration system such as
Ansible or SaltStack for managing your systems.

Thanks,
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Jan 25 2016)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/