[DB-SIG] Using importlib hooks to implement a preprocessor for Query Language DSL

Pavel Velikhov pavel.velikhov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 08:07:50 EST 2017

Dear all,

  We are developing PythonQL (www.pythonql.org <http://www.pythonql.org/>), a DSL for advanced queries (a mix of SQL, OQL and XQuery capabilities) and integration middlewear.
Currently the preprocessor is implemented via source encoding mechanism, which is a very brittle solution (in some environments automatic
installation fails and requires manual actions). I have heard that importlib hooks can be used to implement such a preprocessor, but I wasn’t
able to find examples or a description of how this could be done. Would very much appreciate any help or pointers on how to approach this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Pavel Velikhov