[DB-SIG] SQLObject 3.3.0
phd at phdru.name
Sun May 7 10:25:55 EDT 2017
I'm pleased to announce version 3.3.0, the first stable release of branch
3.3 of SQLObject.
What's new in SQLObject
* Support for Python 2.6 is declared obsolete and will be removed
in the next release.
* Convert scripts repository to devscripts subdirectory.
Some of thses scripts are version-dependent so it's better to have them
in the main repo.
* Test for __nonzero__ under Python 2, __bool__ under Python 3 in BoolCol.
Drivers (work in progress)
* Add support for PyODBC and PyPyODBC (pure-python ODBC DB API driver) for
MySQL, PostgreSQL and MS SQL. Driver names are ``pyodbc``, ``pypyodbc``
or ``odbc`` (try ``pyodbc`` and ``pypyodbc``). There are some problems
with pyodbc and many problems with pypyodbc.
* Stop updating http://sqlobject.readthedocs.org/ - it's enough to have
* Run tests at Travis CI and AppVeyor with Python 3.6, x86 and x64.
* Stop running tests at Travis with Python 2.6.
* Stop running tests at AppVeyor with pymssql - too many timeouts and
For a more complete list, please see the news:
What is SQLObject
SQLObject is an object-relational mapper. Your database tables are described
as classes, and rows are instances of those classes. SQLObject is meant to be
easy to use and quick to get started with.
SQLObject supports a number of backends: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite,
Firebird, Sybase, MSSQL and MaxDB (also known as SAPDB).
Python 2.6, 2.7 or 3.4+ is required.
Where is SQLObject
News and changes:
Oleg Broytman http://phdru.name/ phd at phdru.name
Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.
More information about the DB-SIG