[DB-SIG] PEP 249

Pradeep Krishnappa pradeepgrp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 03:10:20 EST 2018

Hello,

I am not able to connect to oracle DB (12.2 version) installed on my computer (localhost), from python 3.7 (spyder interface). Could you please help.

Used below commands;
from sqlalchemy import create_engine
engine = create_engine('oracle://hr:hr@localhost/orcl')
print(engine.table_names())   #this line seems triggering below error

Got below error
DatabaseError: (cx_Oracle.DatabaseError) DPI-1047: 64-bit Oracle Client library cannot be loaded: "The specified module could not be found". See https://oracle.github.io/odpi/doc/installation.html#windows for help (Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/4xp6)

Thanks,
Pradeep