[Distutils] Proposal: C/C++ compiler identification

John Skaller skaller@maxtal.com.au
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 06:38:32 +1000

>[John Skaller]
>>         So, it would be relatively easily to generate a standard
>> python module?
>
>Without more context I don't know what you mean by "generate a
>standard Python module".

        Sorry: the intent is to generate a python
module containing enough information to compile any
'standard' C extension to python without makefiles
and on any platform.

        Note: the assumption is that the extension
builder is the same system as that which compiled
Python. So a C compiler is available by assumption.
John Skaller    email: skaller@maxtal.com.au
		http://www.maxtal.com.au/~skaller
		phone: 61-2-96600850
		snail: 10/1 Toxteth Rd, Glebe NSW 2037, Australia