[Distutils] Observations

Robertson, Joseph M jmrober1@ingr.com
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 08:40:29 -0600

Hi all,

This is only day 2 for me so I apologize if I haven't absorbed all your info
yet.

Instalit was a generalized installation toolkit for DOS/Windows similar to
(but more powerful than) InstallShield.  I used to work at the company.
Alas it is no more, but its salient features were scriptable 'build' process
and 'scriptable' install process.  The scritpable build process was
extremely valuable, for remote or timed builds across the enterprise (IBM
used it for this).

I'm just gonna hang here for a while and try to grasp the 'big picture'...

Joe Robertson
256-730-8216
jmrober1@ingr.com
jmrobert@ro.com