[Distutils] Access to Python config info

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 17:19:11 -0500 (EST)

Greg Ward writes:
 > I agree: sysconfig.py should be a flat list of globals.  A brain-dump of
 > Python's configuration info, as it were.

  I don't see any big reason not to keep it in distutils, either, as
long as it can be done the way I did the preliminary thing.  I think
it's even reasonable to just let it do the information discovery each
time, which might make it easier to update Python without having to do
anything with an existing distutils installation (in case it's not in
there).

 > My list of gripes with Python is pretty small, but I think the main one
 > is that the word "Dictionary" is just too long to type.  And when you

  That's why many of us spell it "dict".  ;-)

 > PS. Oops, I just realized that regex also lets Pascal in, and PL1 (of
 > course it should be written "PL/1" [or is it "PL/I"?]), and

  I think either, depending on which you used.  Wasn't one a subset of
the other?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191